Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Benjamin Zander's shining eyes TEDTalk

Feeling a little better after watching this TEDTalk by Benjamin Zander.

I have copied and pasted my favorite comment from the site bellow. His name is Bruno Neves. I do not know him:


Mar 11 2013: I heard this talk many years ago, and I remember feeling warmly about classical music. I began to listen to it, but I forgot the message hidden behind his words, and classical music crumbled back into harmonious but emotionless chords. I listen to this talk now, and I realize why this happened, and why much of the pop music that surrounds us never has the same effect: words. 

Words are great. They can express things nothing else can. But we hear words in advertising, in chanting, boring conversations, others' conversations, in meaningless messages... and what don't we hear? the silence. When he played Chopin's piece, we can close our eyes, imagine a vacuum, and slowly let it fill. This is guided meditation, but simpler –– so that everyone can do it! But most of all, I love how the lack of words makes us clear our minds and listen (or see) that which can be easily ignored. The beauty and messages behind art and nothingness; something that in a digital age such as ours, is quickly being forgotten. 

Benjamin Zander, thank you for this talk, for the beautiful tone, the beautiful message, and the infinite messages we can find buried in your presentation.


By the way, the song is called 'Prelude in E Minor, Op. 28 No. 4' by Frédéric Chopin.

Mr. Kozak




By the way, the song he plays is "Prelude in E Minor, Op. 28, No. 4" by Frédéric Chopin.

Mr. Kozak




No comments:

Post a Comment